This month in Real Cornwall Magazine we have been running an article about a place where we spent a gloriously secluded night tucked away in a meadow of wild grass and butterflies, under ‘posh canvas’ and a most wonderfully starry sky.
No phone, no TV, no iPads, no laptop, no work. Just us, the children, a few delicious treats, a wood-burner and a barbecue. An opportunity to reconnect with the important things in life. Bliss.
If this sounds appealing to you, then this is the competition you need to enter now!
This is your chance to win a one night stay at Wych Elm Yurts for your family, or you and three friends. All you have to do is subscribe to any Real Places Magazine.
If you are already a subscriber, then please share the facebook post on to your own page to be entered into the competition.
Wych Elm Yurts
The yurts are set in two acres of meadow where children and pets are can enjoy carefree time.
Each brightly coloured hand-constructed yurt has a wood burning stove, two futons, floor cushions, a little table with a visitors book and lighter, shelves, candles, fairy lights, coat hooks set on the walls to keep your clothes tidy, cutlery, jam jar glasses (a favourite with the children), crockery, a stove top kettle for use on the wood burning stove and glasses. Outside is a fire pit with a tripod over the top for cooking and a bench table for alfresco dining on those long summer evenings.
Particularly surprising was the lovingly restored and converted horse box which holds the showers, toilet and washing up area. When you are inside it – its almost easy to believe you are in a nice hotel! It is finished to a high standard with two lovely enclosed shower pods.
If you are unfamiliar with Cornwall, Wych Elm Yurts is only a short walk from the South West coastal path that runs from Coverack to Kennack Sands and on to Cadgwith, The Lizard and the incredible Kynance Cove. It also takes you to the wonderful secluded Lankidden Cove where, on a summers evening you could be lucky enough to see seals and even dolphins!
There is no light pollution at Wych Elm, so on a clear night the stars look amazing. Jane said that they can often look up into the sky and count shooting stars or study the milky way – but our night sky was filled with the bright light of a full moon, so we weren’t quite so lucky.
Our evening was one of delightful simplicity, some good food that we brought with us, cooked over the fire pit and eaten in the evening light whilst bats and birds soared and dipped above our heads. A candlelit chat tucked into our beds warmed by the wood burning stove – and the soft glow of the twinkling solar firelights against the emerald green canvas. A great night’s sleep that was broken in the morning by the entirely unobtrusive sound of birdsong and a cup of tea boiled on the top of the stove at dawn. It really couldn’t have been more perfect.
Remember to bring
Your own bedding
Tea and coffee
Food for barbecuing
Shower and shampooing products
Some evening entertainment – we suggest some of your favourite tradition board games
Solar charger for your gadgets
Hairdryer or straighteners that plug in to your car
You can bring your own wood or buy it from Jane and Glenn. They provide one bag of wood and a bag of kindling if you book 3 nights or more.
How to book if you don’t win our competition!
We were delighted to find that we were able to book for just one night- even in peak season. However – we can guarantee that after staying one night, you’ll definitely wish you had booked two!
To book direct http://www.wychelmyurts.co.uk/
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Real Property Media Ltd (company no. 07522374) whose registered office is at 68 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2PN, England.
- Employees of Real Property Media or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.real-places.com/competitions/yurt-competition/
- Closing date for entry will be 23.59pm on 30 September 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as below: The prize gives four people a night’s accommodation in a yurt at Wych Elm Yurts in two double futon beds. Food, drink, bedding, and travel expenses are NOT included. All arrangements upon winning the competition are to be made with the owners of the yurt. We are not responsible for the times and dates of your stay. The booking is to be made directly with the owners and upon winning we will send these details to you.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Office Suite 1, 2nd Floor, 68 Lemon Street, Truro, England.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.